- Patty Briguglio was named 2008 Enterprising Woman of the Year by Enterprising Women Magazine.
- Nancy Marmolejo at Vivavisibility.com has some tips on how to get yourself out there. It's a great marketing blog from a Latina entrepreneur, so check it out in general.
- Rolling blog has a long, passionate post about the state of women in India.
Reality is women are still unsafe, insecure, jobless and weak from malnutrition. She continues to be repressed, forced to abort her children, and if allowed to give birth at all, to abandon her own flesh and blood or face social ostracization unless society approves of the way it was conceived. She still cannot adopt easily, she cannot sign for her own surgery (kisiko saath mein layein hain aap?)or admit her children to school if the father refuses to acknowledge them. In most cases she is still deprived of her father’s property on one flimsy pretext or the other. She still can’t rent a house easily if she is alone in a strange city. (People think she is going to have sex and produce illegitimate babies or generally create some trouble or the other
- Know Your Place blog has a post about what you are doing with your voice. It's a woman entrepreneur blog, so check it out.
- Tulsa World has an interview with Yvonne Hovell, the only African American female Chrysler dealer in the country. Here's a little insight into owning a franchise.